Located in Southwestern Ohio about 20 miles north of Cincinnati, the City of Fairfield is home to 42,097 residents. It is situated along the northern loop of I-275, conveniently positioned within minutes of a variety of recreational, cultural and business areas.
The City’s direct interstate connections via Union Centre Boulevard and State Route 4 provide convenient access to I-275, I-75, I-71 and I-74. State Route 4 and Bypass 4 also offer a quick, direct route to the Butler County Regional Airport.
Fairfield is a prime business address featuring more than 1,200 businesses including the corporate headquarters for Cincinnati Financial Corporation, Ohio Casualty Corporate offices and Skyline Chili, among others.
Residents have a variety of municipal services including 24-hour police, fire and emergency medical services, parks and recreational activities, public utilities, public works, planning and finance. City services are funded primarily through Fairfield’s 1.5% income tax and the local share of real estate taxes.
Vision, Mission & Values
Fairfield, the Model of Excellence: Building a Better Future for All
The mission of the City of Fairfield is to provide opportunities for all to experience an exceptional quality of life in a safe, well-balanced and attractive environment by creating progressive partnerships to build our future.
Fairfield believes in the following:
- Preserving our City’s heritage and promoting civic pride.
- An engaging community promoting cultural, spiritual and economic opportunity for all citizens within a safe, nurturing environment.
- Promoting and encouraging diversity, involved citizens, quality education with high standards, and the superior performance of its civil servants.
- A community of open communications, with effective representatives, leaders and citizens who together proactively address the needs and concerns of the community.
- Fostering regional governmental partnerships and nurturing relationships with neighboring communities.
- Encouraging active economic development to retain, expand and develop businesses which reflect community values, promote fiscal stability and contribute to a vibrant economic environment.