Police Reports

When a person reports a crime or traffic accident to the Fairfield Police Department, a police officer responds to conduct a preliminary investigation and to file an official report. The investigation includes collection of evidence, talking to witnesses, etc. For these reasons, and under normal circumstances, the Fairfield Police Department will not file a crime or traffic accident report based upon information obtained by telephone.

Obtaining a Police Report

The Fairfield Police Department Records Section maintains crime and traffic accident reports. These reports can be obtained by one of the following ways:

  • Visiting the Fairfield Police Department between 8 a.m and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays)
  • Making a written request and providing a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The request should be sent to:
    Fairfield Police Department
    c/o Records Section
    5230 Pleasant Avenue
    Fairfield, OH 45014
  • Contacting the Records Section at 513-867-6011 and requesting that the report be sent to you via fax
  • Submit your request online.
  • Obtain a crash report.

Case Report Number

You will need to provide the case report number that was supplied to you by the reporting officer. If you do not have the case report number, you will need to provide the name(s) listed on the report and the date the report was filed. In the case of traffic accidents, you will also need to provide the location of the incident. There is no charge for a basic crime report or a single traffic accident report.

For more information, contact the Records Section at 513-867-6011.