Do I need a carbon monoxide detector in my house?
Yes, carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is produced by incomplete combustion of a hydrocarbon fuel. This could be caused by an improperly operating gas stove, gas water heater, oil or gas furnace, fireplace or kerosene heater. Even a motor vehicle operating in an enclosed space such as a garage could cause carbon monoxide to build up inside your home.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get fire extinguishers refilled?
2. How can I safely dispose of hazardous materials?
3. Where can I file complaints about abandoned cars and property maintenance violations?
4. Will I be billed for fire or emergency medical services?
5. Where can I report a leaking fire hydrant?
6. Where can I report abandoned vehicles parked in fire lanes or on public streets?
7. How can I report fire hazards?
8. Where can I direct comments about the service provided by the Fairfield Fire Department personnel?
9. Where can I report suspected arson activity?
10. What steps should I take for a child with fire-playing behavior?
11. What type of fire extinguisher should I have in my home?
12. Why is my smoke detector making a funny sound (chirping)?
13. Do I need a carbon monoxide detector in my house?
14. Do digital phones work with 911?