What can I do to reduce the bump getting into my driveway?

The City does not allow residents to place asphalt, concrete, lumber, metal, etc. in the curb line to ease the bump getting into their driveways.  The only acceptable temporary solution would be a product manufactured specifically for this application (the only product the City is aware of is Bridjit, although others may exist and be perfectly appropriate).  These products may recommend bolting to the concrete; the City would not allow this.

Ultimately, the best, most permanent, solution is to hire a contractor to depress the curb and drive apron.

Show All Answers

1. Questions About Trimming Near Power Lines
2. Who do I contact to report a street light outage?
3. Who is responsible for the street tree in front of my house?
4. Who do I talk to about getting my garbage picked up?
5. How do I dispose of large appliances?
6. Where can I report a leaking water main or fire hydrant?
7. Where do I report a dead animal in the road?
8. Where can I find traffic count information?
9. Can I install an irrigation system within the right of way?
10. Can I request the City install a WATCH CHILDREN, CHILD WITH AUTISM, DEAF CHILD, HIDDEN DRIVE, etc. sign for my neighborhood or my property?
11. What can I do to reduce the bump getting into my driveway?
12. A train stopped and is blocking a railroad crossing. How do I report this?
13. How do I request a Temporary Speed Indicator Sign?
14. Should I call 811 to have utilities marked before I dig in my yard?
15. What do the paint markings and/or lines of little flags on the ground mean?