My company will not withhold Fairfield taxes. What can I do?

If your company is located in a township or even a lower taxing district, you can ask your employer to withhold the difference; however, they are not required to by law. If they do not withhold for Fairfield, you will need to make quarterly estimated tax payments to Fairfield. Estimated payments are based on 100% of last year's tax liability or 90% of current year's tax liability of $200.00 or more after deducting Fairfield and city credits. Quarterly estimated payments are due on April 15th, June 15th, September 15th, and December 15th. Either the 100% of last year's or 90% of current year's tax liability must be paid in quarterly payments to avoid interest and penalties Quarterly estimate coupons are available in our lobby, the tax office or at:

Show All Answers

1. Does the City collect the personal property taxes paid by businesses located in Fairfield?
2. When are you open?
3. Do I need to file a return?
4. How soon can I expect my refund?
5. My company will not withhold Fairfield taxes. What can I do?
6. Am I a resident of Fairfield? Is a property located in Fairfield?
7. If I have W-2 income and a schedule, can I use a schedule loss against my W-2?
8. Does Fairfield have a school district tax?
9. I have rental property, do I need to file on the property with Fairfield?
10. Do I have to file under the same status as I do my federal and state returns?
11. I have business expenses, can I claim them?
12. I have moved out of Fairfield, but keep getting letters and/or returns from you, what do I need to do?
13. How do I get a return?
14. What needs to be included with my return?
15. How do I handle credit for taxes paid to other cities?