- 6 p.m.
- The 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month
- Fairfield Municipal Building
5350 Pleasant Avenue
City Council Chambers
Fairfield, OH 45014
- Martin Medler, 1st Ward representative
- Don Hassler, 2nd Ward representative
- Melissa O’Brien, 3rd Ward representative
- Scott Lepsky, 4th Ward representative
- Doug Robertson, Fairfield City School District representative
- Gwen Ritchie, Parks and Recreation Board representative
- Matt Davidson, City Council representative
The Director of Development Services attends all meetings of the Planning Commission and may take part in all discussions of the Commission, but does not have the right to vote on any matter before the Commission.
About the Commission
The Planning Commission provides a vision for the ongoing development and growth of the city and its neighborhoods. It promotes and coordinates long-range planning, approves development plans and advises City Council on issues relating to growth and development.
Duties & Functions
The Planning Commission shall have the following powers, duties and functions:
- To authorize plans and maps, and modifications thereof.
- To develop and recommend a comprehensive plan, and modifications thereof, to the Council.
- To recommend modifications to the Planning & Zoning code to the Council.
- To hear project for the following requests:
- Conditional Use
- Change in zoning
- Planned Unit Developments
- Subdivision platting
- To perform such other powers, duties and functions as provided under this Charter, the ordinances and resolutions of the City, and the laws of the State of Ohio to the extent that such laws are not in conflict with and are consistent with this Charter and the City’s ordinances and resolutions.