Trash collection services are provided by Rumpke and established upon the creation of a water, sewer, and trash account with the City of Fairfield’s Utility Billing and Collection Office.
Trash pick-up days vary according to street address. To find out what day your trash will be collected, contact the Utility Billing Office, or view the Trash Pick Up Map.
Holidays might cause your pick up schedule to change. View Rumpke’s holiday pickup schedule on Rumpke’s website.
Charges & Billing
Charges for trash collection are included with your regular monthly water and sewer bill. The current cost for trash service is $13.14 per month for curbside service or $7.45 per month for dumpster service.
Rumpke Terms & Conditions of Trash Removal
- Trash must be placed at the curb the night before removal, or the driver may not return.
- Rumpke is not responsible for damage to trash cans or missing cans and lids.
- Rumpke is not permitted by law to accept batteries, tires, liquids, combustible materials, or any materials deemed to be hazardous.
- Drums, barrels, yard, and household containers not acceptable to be used as trash receptacles will be removed as trash and not replaced.
- Bulky materials such as drywall, concrete, bricks, dirt or rocks are not acceptable. Loose materials, such as shrubbery or lumber, must be bundled and tied.
- Call Rumpke 24-hours in advance to make arrangements for any acceptable large items and/or excessive amounts of trash.
- Bathroom fixtures
- Kitchen fixtures